Saturday, February 20, 2010

How AWEN Greenhouse came to be Part 1

Let me start this story by telling you how AWEN Greenhouse got its name, it is a combined name of Arbor Way and Eagles Nest. Those are the call names for the walkie talkies of the Rowland's and the Davis's, neighbors. Even though we are neighbors we each have large acres of land that separate us so the walkie talkies are helpful as well as fun. There were many factors that came in to play with this greenhouse but it may have started with the idea of us helping not just ourselves but our neighbors in our community. So let me introduce ourselves, I am Eve Davis, leader, instigator, promoter, seeker, and I am sure I have been called many names by many people. My husband is Greg Davis, he is the builder in all of our projects. He pretty much will build what I ask. Then there is Tony and K Rowland , our neighbors and friends, along with Tony's mother Irene Johnson. There are some more neighbors who we will call Shelley and Malydia, very good neighbors and friends also. Later on in the story you will be able to read on just how great and helpful they are. I will also introduce later on the rest of our rag tag gang of friends, family and neighbors. K and I were sitting outside at my home and K mentioned that she wanted a greenhouse, I agreed that I wanted one also, but we both have priced them and knew that they were to costly for us. I mentioned to K to wait a day and I would come up with something. We wanted a greenhouse so that we could grow vegetables year round, not just for ourselves but for feeding the hungry. So K agreed that she would wait a day before purchasing at least a small greenhouse. The following day I was with another friend and we were talking about our plans with a greenhouse, we both knew of someone who had a few large greenhouses and I asked her to make a call to see if any were for sale. K and I knew that a greenhouse would costs up to the thousand figure if not more, but we were going to ask anyway. Well as promised I was able to locate a greenhouse that we could afford, and boy what a greenhouse! It is 25 by 40 and 14 feet tall. Yeah we have a greenhouse, okay now what ! Remember to watch what you ask for, you just may get it. Once I sealed the price of the century I called K who then spoke with Tony and it was confirmed that Greg and Tony would go pay for the greenhouse right away before the deal was changed. So we received the large greenhouse, vents and delivery for one great price. I do think we were all in shock for a day or two since as promised to K, Eve made good on her promise to secure a greenhouse.

1 comment: